Work pick line overview is a feature that is currently in Public preview, and will become generally available in one of the upcoming Dynamics 365 SCM releases.
It provides the flexibility to experienced warehouse workers to change the work picking route on the spot, based on the current situation the system is unaware of.
- some of the goods on the order might need to be rushed out the door, to make the delivery truck departure time
- system is not configured to suggest an optimal picking route that takes into account item dimensions, weight, etc.
- worker is inhibited in some way, for example, cannot carry larger items right now, so would like to pick the smaller ones first, and then come back for the larger ones with a forklift, etc.
|Work pick line overview feature|
|Mobile device menu item configuration|
- Show only upon request – Workers can choose to view the pick line list by selecting the Skip to button in the warehouse app.
- Show at the start of every pick – Workers see the list every time that they start or finish a pick line. They can also view the list again by selecting the Skip to button in the warehouse app.
- Show at the start of the first pick only – Workers see the list every time that they start new picking work, but not after each line. They can also view the list again by selecting the Skip to button in the warehouse app.
- Never show – The standard Skip button appears in the warehouse app, and display of the work line list is turned off. The Skip button lets workers cycle through the lines one at a time, in a fixed order. They can also cycle through the list as many times as they require, until all lines have been processed.
Note You can configure to display not only table fields, but also display methods, allowing for a much more flexible setup
|Work pick line overview field list configuration|
DemoTo demonstrate, how the work pick line overview can be used, I've create a small sales order with 4 lines, as shown below:
|Sales order lines|
Upon releasing this order to the warehouse, the following work order was created:
|Work order lines|
Using the new Warehouse management app (you can read more about it in my previous post), we can now navigate to this work order, using the newly created mobile device menu item, as shown below:
|Work picking flow, step 1|
In my example, I have configured not to trigger the pick line overview to appear automatically, meaning that the worker would need to manually select the Skip to button from the ribbon
|Select Skip to button in the ribbon|
This will bring up the work pick line overview screen, where the worker can see all the work lines in one or more columns, depending on the device form factor.
All the selected fields and their respective values are shown on the cards, and tapping either of them will take the worker to start performing the pick actions for that work line.
|Work pick line overview|
To speed up the selection process, especially in cases where many work lines are displayed at the same time, the worker can use the ordering options available above the cards, for example, to show the heaviest items first, as shown below.
The ordering selections will also be preserved for whenever the pick line overview is opened next time, simplifying the picking process further.
|Work pick line overview showing heavy item first|