We are often asked - is it possible to configure the system to require the workers on the floor to scan each item they are picking, to ensure a more accurate picking operation where multiple same/similar items need to be picked. This is, for example, very common in the Retail industry, or in smaller distribution centers dealing with apparel or footwear. In this blog post I will demonstrate exactly that, so read on.
Let's quickly go over the setup required.
|Sales order with 4 lines|
|On-hand availability for DemoShoe|
|Product variant bar code setup for DemoShoe|
Note. The Scanning field is usually shown on the General tab, I've personalized the page to show it in the grid just for convenience of the screenshot.
|Work order for DemoShoes|
|Mobile device menu item for sales order picking|
|Work confirmation for Pick operation|
|1. Work ID|
|2. Location confirmation|
|3. License plate scan|
|4. Picking first shoe box|
5. We are brought back to the same screen again, asking us to scan in the product.
|5. Piece picking in action - qty confirmed|
|6. Target LP|
Now, you might have noticed, that the data shown on the main screen wasn't super helpful for us, as we did not immediately at a glance see how many items we have already scan-confirmed. Maybe not an issue, but for the purpose of the demo, let's adjust it, so that the piece picking quantity confirmation is more prominent.
|Mobile app field priority higher for piece pick qty|
7. With that out of the way, let's re-enter the picking flow and observe the updated main screen information, when picking the second work line. I've skipped location and license plate confirmation screens
|7. New visual for piece picking|
8. Now we've reached picking from a non license plate tracked BULK location. The process is exactly the same, minus the scan of the license plate to pick from.
|8. Piece picking from a BULK location|
9. You might have noticed that the last work line was for a total quantity of 5 pairs of 41 White shoes.
|9. Remaining picking quantity exceeding max piece picking qty|
10. Once the remaining quantity is entered (in our case it was just 1 remaining item), all the picks are complete, and we are directed to do the Put of all 10 pairs of shoes we picked.
|10. Put to Baydoor|
Note that at any point in time in the process, we could switch to the Details tab and manually enter the picking quantity by selecting the little edit icon next to Qty
|Backdoor - Edit Qty field|