This blog post is going to explain, how to handle such cases now.
I want to stress the importance of reading about this, since this is completely new (among many other things) in AX '7', and without full understanding of these mechanics you will not be able to write efficient and correctly working user interface code.
To summarize, here's a quick set of rules:
- If your display method depends on form state or some data event, you might need to use one of the following two approaches:
- The FormObservable attribute to flag an existing form or class variable
- A new variable of the type FormObservableLink
- If your display method depends on another data source, you might need to use the following approach:
- The datasource.observe() method
When I decided to finally write this blog post, I found out there's already somebody who beat me to it, so instead of repeating the same, here's a link, where you can read in more detail about each of the 3 above options:
FormObservable in Dynamics AX7
Enjoy, and kudos to the author of that blog.